View archived futures lines using the menus above.
Please e-mail us if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions.
Most recent addition to the site: Point spreads for (almost) every NFL game since 1952
Practice sports betting without risking a cent at the BetPrep Virtual Sportsbook
Please let others know about our site – if you use data from SportsOddsHistory.com for an article, tweet or research for a podcast/broadcast, please reference this site or @SOHistory as the source of material. Thanks!
On this day, October 20, in Sports Odds History…
<<- October 19 October 20 October 21 ->>
1990 (MLB): As +260 series underdogs, the Cincinnati Reds pull off the biggest upset (in terms of series prices) in World Series history after they defeat the Oakland Athletics 2-1 in Game 4 and complete a sweep in the Fall Classic. The Reds were +180 road underdogs for the game as Jose Rijo went 8⅓ innings, giving up one run and striking out 9. It was the second win of the series for Rijo and he was named World Series MVP. Entering Game 1 the Reds were 30-1 to sweep the defending champion Athletics.
2000 (Boxing): As a -400 favorite, Mike Tyson defeats Andrew Golota by TKO after Golota refused to answer the bell at the beginning of the 3rd round. The fight was ruled a no contest 3-months later because Tyson tested positive for marijuana just after the fight.
2004 (MLB): The Boston Red Sox become the first MLB team to come back from down 3 games to 0 after defeating the New York Yankees 10-3 in Game 7 of the ALCS. The Red Sox were +130 road underdogs and the game went over the total of 10 runs. Entering Game 1 Boston were -155 favorites to win the series. They would go on to sweep the St Louis Cardinals to win their first World Series in 86 years.
Recent Press Mentions
- Farewell to NFL home-field advantage, as home teams have a losing record through 5 weeks (Yahoo Sports)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Wild From 21 Years of the NBA’s Annual GM Survey (The Ringer)
- Atlanta Braves open MLB Postseason as massive World Series favorites (New York Post)
- Why college football bettors should fully avoid Georgia’s three-peat chances in 2023 (USA Today)
- Red Sox Truly Defied Odds In 2013 As Long-Shot World Series Champs (NESN)
- 2023 MLB odds: Should you bet on the AL, NL MVP favorites? (Fox Sports)
- March Madness 2023 odds update: UConn favored ahead of Final Four (New York Post)
- Patriots facing longest Super Bowl odds of Bill Belichick’s 23 years as New England’s coach (CBS Sports)
- World Cup 2022 Odds: Betting Long-Shot Morocco Upsets Portugal, Makes History (Fox Sports)
- Alabama Crimson Tide one of biggest preseason college football national title favorites in 20 years (ESPN)
- Why the Jets can make a Bengals-like leap from the top of the NFL draft to the playoffs in 2022 (CBS Sports)
- Championship favorite to swept in first round, Nets a historic disappointment (NBC Sports)
- NBA Fact or Fiction: The MVP case for rising Memphis Grizzlies superstar Ja Morant (Yahoo Sports)
- Another Lakers Superteam Is Flopping (FiveThirtyEight)
- The Remarkable Rise of Joe Burrow (GQ)
- How likely are Real Madrid to win the Champions League? (Managing Madrid)
- Los Angeles Dodgers open with highest season-wins betting total since 1999 New York Yankees (ESPN)
- 2022 Super Bowl odds: Bucs, Chiefs, Ravens, Bills early picks to win the NFL Championship (The Athletic)
- Heat Become Biggest Longshots To Make NBA Finals Since 2002 (Action Network)
- The Miami Heat Were 60-to-1 Long Shots. Now They’re in the NBA Finals (The Wall Street Journal)
- Why Has the Best Picture Race Become So Unpredictable? (The Ringer)
Most Recent Betting Articles (See All)
- Horse Betting: Exploring the Many Faces of Lucky Bets
- 9 Fun NFL Facts You Never Knew
- 8 Things You Should Know About the NBA if You’re a New Basketball Fan
- 8 Most Dominant NBA Centers Coming Into The 2022 Season
- An American Education in The World’s Game: 5 European Stars Who Played College Soccer