On this page we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about using PayPal for online betting including a list of what we feel are the best Paypal betting sites for punters to use.
In terms of both convenience and security when it comes to online gambling there aren’t any better choices than PayPal. It allows you to quickly and easily fund and withdraw from your account and in the process you’re protected by the many security features PayPal has to offer.
It’s without a doubt one of our favourite payment methods and you’ll be pleased to know that all our most recommended bookmakers can be considered betting sites that accept PayPal.
Best Betting Sites With PayPal: Top 9
The following is a list of the best sites for betting with PayPal which have been ranked by our own review rating and the quality of the sign up bonus on offer:
*Info accurate as of 15-11-2023 for the UK market.
Top PayPal Betting Sites: More Info
- William Hill
- Paddy Power
PayPal Accepted Betting Sites Compared: Limits & Fees
The following table shows a list of all the different betting sites that accept PayPal, what their minimum deposit amount is, how long deposits take to process, how long withdrawals take using PayPal and if any fees are charges on PayPal transactions.
Mobile PayPal Betting Sites
You’ll be pleased to hear that all the bookmakers listed above can be classified as mobile PayPal betting sites because they offer punters the option to deposit and withdraw using PayPal via their dedicated betting apps.
Not all apps are created equally though, so if you are planning on using PayPal to fund your account, then you want to make sure you’re getting the best service possible. Here’s our top mobile PayPal betting site for punters who primarily use their phones for placing bets:
How to Use PayPal: Deposits & Withdrawals
As one of the largest online payment processors, PayPal is widely accepted by online bookies, and many sites even offer a free bet bonus for punters who make their initial deposit via PayPal. Moreover, as PayPal is a fully electronic payment storage option, making a deposit to a bookmaker which accepts PayPal is extremely easy – as is making a withdrawal.
How To Deposit On PayPal
- To get started with making a deposit via PayPal, you’ll have to first set up and fund your PayPal account.
- Head to PayPal.com to open an account now.
- For greater convenience, you can verify the account with PayPal which lifts your £/$500 monthly limit (find instructions when logged in on the PayPal site.
- Now add money to your PayPal account by simply clicking the ‘Add Money’ button (when logged in). It will process the same way as any online payment.
- Next log into your chosen PayPal friendly bookmaker, select deposit and easily move funds from PayPal to your betting account.
- If you bet with PayPal all deposits process instantly.
How To Withdraw On PayPal
- Log in to your betting account and hit the withdraw link.
- Select PayPal as your chosen method and enter the amount you wish to cash out.
- Confirm the transaction – most bookies process PayPal withdrawals instantly (one of the biggest perks of this option).
Pros & Cons of PayPal Betting Sites
- Transaction Speed – it’s very quick and easy to deposit and withdraw from your PayPal account to a bookmaking site. In fact it’s one of the quickest possible methods with deposits being instant and withdrawals usually taking less than 24 hours (much quicker than Debit Cards for example).
- No Fees – assuming you choose the right bookmaker from the list above then PayPal is free to use so you won’t be charged deposit or withdrawal fees when you move your money around.
- Anonymity – on your bank statement, the only information displayed will be your payments into, or withdrawals from your PayPal account so it won’t be easy for anyone to determine if you have been using an online bookmaker and to what extent (especially handy when applying for credit).
- Security – PayPal is a a very secure method of payment to use when making online transactions. If you use PayPal then you benefit from the fact that your personal financial info (card number etc) are never shared with the bookmaker preventing possible fraudulent activity or card details being stolen.
- Widely Accepted – accepted by all the biggest bookmaking sites online today PayPal is versatile and can help you keep your betting money in one wallet but quickly and easily move it around different bookmakers in order to get the best price on your bets.
- Bonus Restrictions – you’ve got to watch out when joining a betting site, while some bookmakers will honour welcome bonuses if you’ve made a PayPal deposit first up, some exclude PayPal deposits from their welcome offers. This is fairly common place but doesn’t usually apply to all other ongoing promotions.
- Hidden Fees – rarely (very) bookmakers attach extra fee’s to Paypal transactions. As you can see from our table above there are only two bookies that currently do this so it’s not common but it does happen.
- Extra Transactions – whilst using Paypal for online betting does make you more safe and secure you will obviously have to first move money into your PayPal account to then start moving it around online. That takes time and an extra step in terms of transactions which some punters won’t want to do.
- Account Setup – obviously you are going to need to set up a PayPal account in order to use it for online gambling. Whilst this doesn’t take too long there are verification steps which require you to log into your bank account and connect the two platforms so again it can take longer initially to get your money moving. Not an issue if you already have an account.
Countries Where PayPal Is Accepted For Betting
There are a number of different betting sites that accept PayPal, as shown in our lists above, but unfortunately only residents from certain parts of the world are eligible to use PayPal for online betting deposits.
The list of countries where PayPal is accepted for online gambling is as follows:
- United Kingdom
Note: We do our best to keep this list as up to date as humanly possible but it is worth contacting your bookmakers customer service team if your country is not listed to double check if PayPal deposits are available in your region.
Security & Anonymity: Stay Safe With PayPal
If you’re using PayPal to process online financial transactions, then you are already in a pretty good place in terms of security. Here’s how PayPal keep you safe:
PayPal is a worldwide e-commerce institution, which allows you to make online money transfers quickly and securely between your PayPal account and the accounts of thousands of merchants and banks worldwide.
The company operates by storing money drawn from your checking account, and then allowing you to send the money via online transfer to the merchant of your choosing. Payments are processed quickly, and PayPal saves you the risk of providing your financial details directly to the merchant.
How Does PayPal Work?
PayPal Contact Information
There are numerous ways to get in contact with PayPal directly if you have an issues with your account or simply have query regarding how their services works.
Messaging – if you have an account open you can message PayPal directly via their website (much like how text messaging works) if you go to the ‘Contact’ page and select ‘Message Us’.
Ask The Community – PayPal operate a user forum which contains answers to common questions and allows you to ask other users about questions or issues you’ve got with your account. Again this is accessed via the ‘Contact’ page and you must be logged in to post a question or respond with an answer.
Resolution Centre – via the ‘Contact’ page you can use the ‘Resolution Centre’ link to resolve any transactional or account issues you encounter. This process gives you a direct line to PayPal support who will look to resolve your problem ASAP.
Call Us – you can call PayPal customer service on 0203 901 7000 (from outside the UK use +44 instead of 0). The phone lines are open from 8am to 6pm from Monday to Sunday (7 days a weeks). If you have a landline phone you can use the free phone number 0800 358 7911.
PayPal For Online Betting
For any readers in North America, please note that PayPal will not process payments to any gambling sites for North American customers. The only way to deposit in a account from a North American PayPal account is by first transferring your money to a third-party, such as another e-wallet.
However, for users in the UK and Europe, PayPal offer a fast, safe, and convenient way to deposit and bet online as well as a quick and easy way to withdraw your winnings.
PayPal dates to the late 1990’s and early 2000’s. Although not originally an online payment system, it slowly merged into that as the need and desire for such as system become increasingly evident.
In particular, the popularity of online auction site Ebay.com propelled PayPal into the national spotlight. Although Ebay had its own payment system, the PayPal system was more flexible, as it allowed users to move their money around more freely. As such, PayPal become the online payment option of choice for a variety of websites, Ebay included.
In 2002 it was purchased by Ebay and has been used as the official payment option for all auctions on that site. However, it has also continued to operate as an independent business, and offers customers a convenient and secure method of processing payments online to a wide variety of merchants worldwide. As such, it is an ideal option for making deposits to, and withdrawals from, online bookmakers and since PayPal started to appear the method has grown quickly in popularity to the point where some punters will only use PayPal friendly sites.