Handicap betting is a widely embraced betting option offered by bookmakers globally, including 1xBet’s sportsbook. In this article, we’ll delve into the ins and outs of handicap betting, highlighting its definition, how it operates, and its different variants. Our primary spotlight will be on 1xBet’s approach to handicap betting, where we’ll explore the available handicap bet types, the odds for these events, and both live and pre-match handicap offerings.
Handicap in Sports Betting
In the exhilarating realm of sports betting, the term ‘handicap’ often pops up as a method to level the playing field between two unevenly matched teams or competitors. Think of handicap betting as the sport’s way of giving the underdog a head start. When you break it down, a handicap is essentially a fictional advantage or disadvantage assigned to teams (or individuals) for betting purposes. For instance, in football, if a top-tier team is playing against a lower-ranked team, the former might start with a -2 goal handicap. This means that even before the game starts, the top team is considered to be 2 goals down. For a bet on them to win, they would need to overcome this deficit, thereby making the betting scenario more intriguing and competitive. It’s an exciting twist that adds an extra layer of strategy and unpredictability to the betting experience.
1xBet: How Does Handicap Betting Work?
In 1xBet, handicaps are displayed as either (+/- a number). This number might be an entire digit or a fraction. To put it plainly, a (+) gives the selected team an advantage, while a (-) provides the benefit to the opposing team. This number signifies the magnitude of the advantage.
Take, for instance, (+1) for Ajax. This indicates Ajax starts with a one-goal lead.
1xBet offers various types of handicaps: three-way, two-way, and Asian. The three-way and two-way handicaps are often termed as European.
When it comes to whole versus fractional numbers in handicaps, bets with whole numbers can lead to a refund since a draw is possible. For example, if Ajax gets defeated 0:1, your bet aligns with odds of 1.0. A market of (+1.5) for Ajax implies there’s no option for a draw; you either win or lose. Further in this article, we’ll delve into the Asian handicap, which divides your stake into two, allowing for a partial refund.
Handicaps are available for most of the competitive sports listed on the platform. A significant chunk of these markets is in football, which stands out for two main reasons. Firstly, it’s a globally loved sport. Secondly, football scores are generally low, making a single goal more impactful than a point in other sports. Hence, it’s more fitting to have enticing handicap deals on football scores and outcomes.
Handicap by Sports Types
The concept of handicap is applied across multiple sports to balance out the disparity in skill levels between teams or participants. This ensures fairer odds and a more interesting betting environment. But how does it work for different sports? Let’s take a closer look.
- Football (Soccer): In football, the most common form of handicap betting is goal handicaps. For instance, if Team A is perceived to be superior to Team B, a handicap might be set up where Team B starts with a +2 goal lead. This means that for betting purposes, Team A would need to win by three or more goals for bets on them to be successful.
- Basketball: Here, the handicap is usually set on points. If the LA Lakers are up against a less performing team, the handicap might be set at +10 points for the underdogs. This means the Lakers would need to win by 11 points or more to “cover the spread” or overcome the handicap in betting terms.
- Cricket: In the world of cricket, handicap betting often revolves around runs or wickets. For a One Day International (ODI) or Twenty20 match, Team A might have to chase a target with a -50 run handicap, meaning they’d essentially have to score 50 more runs than Team B to win in the eyes of bettors.
- Tennis: For tennis, it’s about games or sets. If Serena Williams is playing against a newcomer, the handicap might be set such that Serena starts with a -1.5 set disadvantage. To win for those who bet on her, she’d have to overcome this deficit by winning with a clear 2 set lead.
- Golf: In golf, handicaps can be assigned based on strokes. If Tiger Woods is competing against an amateur, the handicap might allow the amateur to start with a +5 advantage. This would mean Woods would need to finish with a score 6 or more strokes better than the amateur to be seen as the winner in handicap terms.
- Horse Racing: In this sport, handicapping often involves weight penalties. The more successful horses are made to carry additional weight to give lesser-performing horses a fairer chance of winning.
- Rugby: Rugby, similar to football, uses points as its handicap metric. If the All Blacks are squaring off against a lesser-ranked team, the latter might be given a +15 point head start for betting purposes.
Asian & European Handicaps
Ever stumbled upon the terms “Asian” and “European” handicaps and scratched your head? You’re not alone. These two are the rockstars of the betting world, adding a twist to the traditional format. The Asian Handicap tosses the concept of a draw out the window, leaving you with just two outcomes: win or lose. This means you’ve got a straight-up 50% shot at victory, which is pretty cool, right?
On the flip side, the European Handicap, also known as the “3-way handicap”, keeps the draw in the game. This means that besides a win or loss, your bet can also end in a draw, adding another layer of strategy and suspense. So, whether you’re feeling adventurous with the Asian style or strategic with the European, there’s always a fun way to up your betting game.
Asian Handicap in 1xBet
1xBet, a betting giant, has naturally embraced the thrill of Asian Handicap betting. Their platform not only offers these betting types across various sports but also ensures that bettors have a seamless experience. Given the dynamic nature of Asian Handicap where the odds can split your stake across two bets, it’s vital for a platform to be transparent and clear. And that’s precisely what 1xBet offers. They break down the odds and possible outcomes, ensuring that even a newbie can quickly grasp the essence of their bet.
Asian Handicap Betting Odds at 1xBet
Odds – they’re the heartbeat of betting. At 1xBet, they’re more like a roller-coaster, dynamic and ever-changing. With Asian Handicap bets, these odds often reflect the real-time progression of the game. For instance, if a star player gets injured or a team scores unexpectedly, the odds will adjust accordingly. This constant shift keeps punters on their toes, and 1xBet ensures that they’re always provided with the most current odds. Always remember, though, to double-check these odds before placing your bet. After all, in the whirlwind world of betting, knowledge is power.
How to Place a Handicap Bet in 1xBet Correctly?
Placing a handicap bet in 1xBet, or any other betting platform for that matter, requires a blend of understanding the game, the teams, and the nature of handicap betting itself. But don’t fret, it’s simpler than it might sound. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown to guide you:
- Research First: Before anything, make sure you understand the teams or players involved. Are there injuries? What’s their form like? Knowledge is key.
- Log into 1xBet: Head over to the 1xBet website or app. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to register. If you do, simply sign in.
- Find Your Game: Browse the list of sports offered. Let’s say you’re into football. Click on it and navigate through the listed matches.
- Understand the Handicap: Each game with a handicap bet will show something like -1, +2, etc. This refers to the advantage or disadvantage given to a team. A team with a +2 handicap means they virtually lead by 2 goals even before the game starts. Your bet will then depend on overcoming this handicap.
- Select the Handicap Option: Once you’ve chosen the game, you’ll find various betting options. Pick the one related to handicap betting.
- Determine Your Stake: Decide how much you want to wager. Be wise. Don’t gamble with money you can’t afford to lose.
- Place Your Bet: Once you’re confident, confirm your bet. And that’s it. You’ve placed your handicap bet.
- Monitor: If it’s a live game, you can watch in real-time and see if your bet is coming through. If not, you can check back later for results.
Handicap betting in 1xBet provides an intriguing twist to the conventional betting system. It levels out the playing field, offering betters a unique challenge and potentially more enticing odds. As with all forms of gambling, it’s essential to play responsibly and with knowledge. Do your research, understand the teams, the players, and the nature of handicap betting, and you can add an exciting dimension to your 1xBet betting experience.