FIFA esports events offer a unique and exciting way for both fans and punters to engage with the sport they love and witness the skills of the world’s best players. In this FIFA betting guide, we list all the best bookmakers that cover this esport, the latest odds, a range of useful betting tips and a look at the some of the top teams currently participating.
Best Esports Sites for FIFA Betting
How To Bet on FIFA Esports
As far as esports games go, FIFA is easily one of the most captivating. Seeing professional FIFA players compete against each other, score incredible goals, and control their players like it’s second nature to them can be a thrilling experience.
It’s a great video game that mirrors near real-life competitiveness between the top, real-life players and teams, making it a hugely inviting and accessible title for punters already used to betting on soccer.
If you’re new to betting online in general, below is a brief guide on how to get started.
- Choose your preferred betting operator – We’ve listed 10 of the best FIFA betting sites above, but it’s up to you to choose the one (or ones) you like the most. Be sure to compare and contrast odds, betting markets, payment methods, and tournament coverage across different bookmakers.
- Open an account – This usually involves entering some basic, personal information such as your name, surname, and email address, along with a secure password. Virtually all betting operators provide welcome bonuses for new punters, so be sure to claim any offers available while signing up. Don’t worry – all major betting sites offer a variety of betting bonuses for existing customers as well. Bear in mind that the registration process usually requires new accounts to be verified, meaning that you’ll need to submit copies of official documents such as your driver’s licence or passport, as well as a recent utility bill or bank statement.
- Set up your preferred payment method – There are quite a few payment methods that most bookies support (such as PayPal and Visa card payments). If you use anything other than these, you’ll need to see whether or not your chosen bookie supports it.
- Research the current FIFA esports tide – Players change, teams change, esports organisations change, and the game itself changes. What you knew before may not be applicable now. Be advised that the best course of action is to do your due diligence with researching the current FIFA esports scene before placing any bets.
- Be mindful and careful when placing bets – Once you’ve completed all the previous steps, you’ll be ready to start your FIFA betting journey. Just remember to not rush things and start with small, simple wagers until you’ve gained enough experience for more complex markets. Be sure to look for a livestream of the event you’re interested in if you’re a fan of live betting as well.
FIFA Betting Guide 2023
Now that your betting account is set up, it’s time to learn about the specifics of FIFA betting.
FIFA Esports Betting Markets
There are various FIFA betting markets to choose from, each with its own specific odds and methodology. We’ve noted the most popular below.
- Moneyline bets – A very simple betting market with generally positive odds, Moneyline bets revolve around a basic A-or-B choice. Depending on the tournament, you’ll be betting on a player, team, or country (FIFA holds a World Cup for its esports counterpart as well) to win against their opponents.
- Outrights – Outright bets are generally very popular as they have much better odds than Moneyline bets. All you have to do here is predict who will win the entire tournament. Outrights are inherently risky due to the nature of the bet, though, so be careful with your selection.
- In-play (live) betting – In-play markets mean that you’ll be placing your bets as the match unfolds in real time, so there’s plenty of room for manoeuvring, depending on the in-game situation. Keep in mind also that not all bookies support in-play betting, whilst certain sites offer a much larger variety of live markets than others.
Popular Bet Types
- Accumulator bets – Also known as acca bets, accumulators allow you to combine multiple selections into a single wager (the punter selects several individual wagers and combines them into one larger bet). To win an accumulator bet, all of the individual selections must be successful. This results in significantly higher potential payouts than for a single bet, as the odds for each selection are multiplied together to calculate the final price of the acca itself. However, the risk of losing is also higher, as a single unsuccessful selection will result in the entire accumulator bet being lost. Therefore, these bets require careful consideration, as well as a good understanding of FIFA esports and the odds involved.
- Special bets – Also known as novelty bets or ‘prop’ (proposition) bets, special bets are based on outcomes that are not directly related to the final result of a match. Examples of these special bets would be betting on a player to score four or more goals in a match, on the number of yellow cards handed out during the game, or which minute of the match the first goal will be scored.
FIFA Esports Betting Odds
FIFA betting odds depend on player performances and may change drastically during specific tournaments. For example, when these countries take part in any FIFA competition, they are instructed to enlist a minimum of two players to represent their nation or team. In the case of international FIFA tournaments, the skill level of one player may be much better than the other, which will prompt the odds to shift.
It’s always best if you compare one bookie with another to see where you can get the best odds, especially right before the tournament in question takes place.
FIFA Esports Statistics
Some punters think that FIFA statistics aren’t really important when it comes to betting, but they couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, this is exactly the kind of data that can provide the best insight into which bets have the best potential.
Important stats you should look out for are victories, defeats, and draws for each specific player or team. On top of that, you should also take goals given and goals conceded into account as well.
How To Bet on the FIFAe Global Series 2023
The FIFAe Global Series is EA’s new approach to competitive FIFA esports. It isn’t a singular event, per se, but consists of numerous other prestigious FIFA tournaments, such as the EA Sports Cup and the eChampions League.
If you want to bet on these events, make sure your chosen bookie supports betting on the FIFAe Global Series. In most cases, they will, but be mindful that the odds will constantly keep changing as the events unfold.
How To Bet on the FIFAe Champions League 2023
The FIFAe Champions League is part of the FIFAe Global Series, so the same rules as above apply. However, the eChampions League is a bit more concentrated when it comes to participating teams, and the skill difference is smaller too. You might have to do some extra research here to make sure your bets have higher chances of winning.
FIFA 23 Esports Tournaments
FIFA 23 was the final EA football game under the name ‘FIFA’. Nowadays, the new game series is called EA Sports FC. However, FIFA 23 is still actively played and its esports side contains the well-known tournaments we all know and love.
FIFAe Club Series 2023
The FIFAe Club Series is a chance for both amateur and professional teams to leave their mark on FIFA esports. As such, the initial matches in the pre-qualification and qualification phases of the tournament are usually quite chaotic.
The 2023 FIFAe Club Series will feature a $300,000 prize pool which further incentivises the teams and players to compete at the highest level.
At this point, we only know that the Online Qualifiers will take place on February 23rd and 24th but no dates have been released about the playoffs.
The tournament will be played online across a three-week-long format with only the very best teams qualifying for the FIFAe Club Playoffs. The 22 best teams from the Playoffs will advance to the next stage.
FIFAe Nations Series 2023
Contrary to the FIFAe Club Series 2022, the Nations Series doesn’t have professional esports organisations competing against each other, but rather national teams. The latter pick the players themselves, so it’s very important each national team has capable contestants.
The matches were played in a 2v2 format that provided a dose of unpredictability, as well as national pride. There’s nothing more sportsmanlike than bringing gold back to your home country, after all.
The tournament itself featured a Play-In stage that took five months to complete (December to April). After this was over, the losing teams had a second chance at competing in the final event by playing against newcomer teams in the Main Stage.
The best teams proceeded into the FIFAe Nations Playoffs, with the culmination being the FIFAe Nations Cup.
After a long and successful campaign, Brazil came out on top by dominating the opposition, demonstrating unshakeable resilience. They went on to win the FIFAe Nations Series 2022 by defeating Poland in the Grand Finals.
𝗠𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗰𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗼𝗽 𝟭𝟬! 🇲🇽
Where is your nation in the #FeNS rankings? 🤔
Check out the full rankings ▶️ https://t.co/5dMigiG5hM pic.twitter.com/IwMMSGDAca
— FIFAe (@FIFAe) January 31, 2023
The teams were divided into five zones, two conferences, and two divisions. You can check the full Nations Series ratings here.
PositionTeamPoints 1stBrazil1371.73 2ndPoland1006.21 3rdSweden814.62 4thArgentina784.12 5thItaly777.31 6thPortugal733.78 7thDenmark696.45 8thFrance690.35 9thCanada684.15 10thMexico654.10
FIFAe World Cup 2023
The FIFAe World Cup is an annual competition that sees the best individual players go up against each other for the prestigious title of World Cup winner. The previous iteration of the tournament was the spiritual heir of FIFA’s past World Cup tournament, titled ‘FIWC’.
The event is based on FUT Champions (an in-game mode) with the double-elimination knockout format being used to generate some additional excitement.
In the 2022 edition, 32 players were divided into four groups of eight in the Group Stage. The top four players of each group then entered the Playoffs where, eventually, Umut claimed the title of World Champion by defeating Nicolas99FC, a very skilled FIFA player.
Here’s a list of previous winners:
YearDatesWinner 201517.05 – 19.05Abdulaziz Alshehri (Saudi Arabia) 201620.03 – 22.03Mohamad Al-Bacha (Denmark) 201716.08 – 18.08Spencer Ealing (England) 201802.08 – 03.08Mosaad Al Dossary (Saudi Arabia) 201902.08 – 04.08Mohammed Harkous (Germany) 202214.07 – 17.07Umut Gültekin (Germany)
Respective Regional/National Leagues
If the previous three tournaments aren’t enough to satisfy your betting and viewing needs, then one, two, or more of the national leagues should do so.
FIFA 22 marked the first time when more than 30 national leagues around the world were included in the FIFA Esports ecosystem. Some of the leagues included Serie A, Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1, CONMEBOL, MLS, and others.
In short, these leagues provide round-the-clock entertainment, enhancing the competitive spirit of many international players that will play for their respective clubs in their respective leagues.
How To Enter FIFA 23 Tournaments
You can enter FIFA 23 tournaments by joining the FIFA 23 Global Series. To find out more about the process, we recommend that you visit the official EA SPORTS FIFA 23 Global Series website. In short, anyone can apply or create a tournament, but there are a set of guidelines that need to be followed for this to happen.
Keep in mind that this doesn’t mean you’ll be able to participate in the most prestigious esports tournaments, primarily because you need to be of a certain high standard as a player – enough to catch the eye of sponsors or esports organisations.
Our Top 5 FIFA Betting Tips
1. Play FIFA Yourself
First up, you’d want to get at least acquainted with the game before setting out to place bets. The reason for this is that you need to understand how the core mechanics of the game work, as well as certain elements that are just as important for betting as it is for playing.
FIFA 23 might look like previous versions at a surface glace, but there are key differences that you’ll only learn about properly once you start playing yourself.
It’s also worth mentioning that FIFA 23 is the final iteration of FIFA in its current format. From 2024 onward, the game will be known as EA Sports FC, and may differ from what many fans of the series are used to.
2. Watch FIFA Esports Tournaments
FIFA Esports has evolved drastically over the years, with 2022 marking a year with three major tournaments that FIFA themselves hosted. 2023 will feature a few more tournaments, but, in all likelihood, those will be the final ones under their current names.
What’s important here is that you are proactive – start watching regular livestreams of important matches, and focus on player performances while doing so. This will give you an accurate representation of which players are worth placing bets on. The same applies to teams.
3. Be Mindful of Game Updates
A game like FIFA might not change much between iterations, but it still experiences updates to various game elements. The most important aspects that are updated are player cards and ratings, as well as certain core mechanics.
If you aren’t particularly fond of tracking every single update, you should still at least find out whether or not specific player ratings have changed, as these can have a massive impact on the meta (more about the latter below). Ronaldo might have a 91 rating now, but he might end up as a 93-rated player in the next patch, for instance.
And while most basic, non-special cards have ratings that do not change over time, OTW (Ones To Watch) and other similar special cards do. They change depending on how the player is performing in real life, so you might need to keep an eye on that as well!
As for FIFA 23 itself, the game was released on the 30th of September, 2022.
4. Keep a Close Eye on the FIFA Esports Meta
FIFA is the same as other games when it comes to having a meta (which stands for ‘Most Effective Tactics Available’). Essentially, there will be a few dozen players that are considered the best, of which most professionals will include in their teams.
This meta changes over time due to patches, player improvements or deterioration, and more. To prevent yourself from placing incorrect bets based on outdated meta, it’s best to keep track of its evolution on a constant basis.
5. Do Your Research
Lastly, you don’t want to go in blind. There’s nothing worse than placing random bets and hoping for the best. On top of that, there are plenty of variables with FIFA betting that constantly change, so it’s important you stay on top and do your due diligence before any bet is placed.
Some of the Best FIFA 23 Teams
TeamRoster Riders x Atlético de MadridTuga810, AndoniiPM Complexity GamingJoksan, MaXe, AlanAvi SAFMarley, Conkai MkersMkersPrinsipe, Yuval, HARTIXEL7 FnaticTekkz, Diogo FC Schalke 04Epixal7, serhatinho, anti_max MGCF Esports – RMA TechBarreto, Crepaldi TG.NIPRenzo, Ollelito, deWeerd Dire WolvesEnvy, Mark11 NEOJuli, JuliusNEO, BeneCR7x