Over/Under 4.5 Goals is a bet on how many goals you think will be scored in a match. But how does the over under 4.5 goals bet work? Here we explain in more detail.
- Over 4.5 goals means five or more goals are scored in a 90 minutes football match. Example score lines are 3-2 or 4-1.
- Under 4.5 goals means zero, one, two, three, or four goals are scored. Score lines like 0-0, 1-1, 2-1 or 2-2 for example.
This is a 90 minutes bet. Meaning extra-time and penalty shoot outs will not count. Goals scored by both sides, with own goals included, make up the total amount of goals.
OVER 4.5 GOALS MEANS IN FOOTBALL BETTING
A bet on Over 4.5 Goals is a bet on a football match having 5 or more goals scored in it (ie, a 5-0 thrashing or 3-2, or 4-1).
UNDER 4.5 GOALS MEANS IN FOOTBALL BETTING
Under 4.5 Goals is a bet on there been 4 or less goals scored in a football match. For example scorelines that are Under 4.5 include 0-0, 1-1, 2-1, 1-2, 2-2, and 4-0.
As long as there is less than 5 goals, Unders is the winner.
- Football Betting Systems
- Football Betting Tips
- Football Blog
- Matched Betting
- Online Betting and Gaming
Over/Under 4.5 Goals Betting Odds Explained
The odds on Over 4.5 odds are usually quite long, roughly around the 5/1 mark.
When a high scoring team such as Real Madrid, Man City, Barcelona or Bayern Munich are playing, this changes. You will find that the odds would be significantly shorter.
The odds on Under 4.5 are nearly always very short, generally around the 1/8 mark.
Football betting is a huge industry, with the English Premier League one of the biggest and most popular league in world football.
Other popular leagues for football betting are La Liga in Spain, Serie A in Italy, and the Bundesliga in Germany.
Below we have put together some of the more popular football betting markets to help you learn about betting on football if you are just starting out.
Popular Football Betting Markets Explained
- 90 Minutes Betting – this is betting on the Match Result market. This bet is also called1x2, home/draw/away, or win/draw/win.
- Accumulator Bets – A football accumulator bet is a bet that consists of 4 or more teams in one single bet.
- Double Chance Betting – A bet on two outcomes in the same match. ie, a bet the home team to win and the draw.
- Half Time/Full Time Betting – Betting on the outcome of the match and half, and full time. ie, home team winning at half time, draw at full time.
- Match Odds and Both Teams To Score – What will the match outcome be, and will both teams score! ie, Arsenal to win, and both teams to score.
- First Goalscorer Betting – Who will score the first goal of the match. One of the original and most popular bets.
- Anytime Goalscorer Betting This is a bet on a player to score anytime in the 90 minutes of a match.
- Both Teams To Score Betting – If you think both teams will find the net, this bet is for you. Also a popular accumulator bet.
- Correct Score Betting – A bet on what you think the final score of a football match will be. ie, 0-0, or 2-2, or 4-1, etc